CBD is a compound from hemp extract that is gaining popularity among lovers of natural solutions. But if you think about competing products or cosmetics, you automatically know that it is difficult to evaluate an ingredient without understanding it. So how do you find high-quality CBD oil? The answer awaits you in today’s entry!
CBD Oil – Is It Safe?
To discuss the ingredients of CBD oil, we first want to understand what CBD oil is and how it can affect your well-being and health.
Many people confuse CBD with marijuana and the hallucinogenic substance THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). While the latter is psychoactive and can make you feel “joyful,” cannabidiol, which is present in the cannabis plant (CBD), does not cause a similar sensation.
Simply put, cannabidiol is an active compound derived from the hemp plant. It interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system and is recognized as a potential solution for several medical conditions. According to one of the available studies, CBD can help with a number of issues.
Full-spectrum, isolated, and broad-spectrum CBD – what is it?
When choosing CBD oil, it is important to consider the features mentioned above. This is because these features affect the components found in the oil besides cannabidiol.
Full Spectrum CBD – contains all the ingredients and compounds found naturally in hemp. However, when talking about hemp-derived CBD products, don’t worry that the CBD Olja will make you feel intoxicated, as THC doesn’t exceed 0.2% by dry weight.
Broad-spectrum CBD – This strain contains all the compounds and constituents found naturally in cannabis except for THC.
CBD Isolate – Considered the purest strain isolated from hemp extract. It also comes without tetrahydrocannabinol. Keep in mind that this form is usually odorless.
Flavonoids, Cannabinoids, and Terpenes – How to Understand Them?
In addition to CBD and THC, the cannabis plant also contains compounds called cannabinoids and flavonoids, and terpenes.
As mentioned above, cannabinoids interact with the endocannabinoid system to keep the nervous and immune systems functioning properly.
How to Make Sure You Are Buying Quality CBD Oil?
Now that you’re familiar with the compounds and ingredients you’ll find in CBD oil, it’s time to decide how to check the label so you can buy the product that fits your needs.
Below you will find a list of tips to make your job easier.
1. Check if the label mentions cannabidiol (CBD). Remember that due to regulations, it may be listed as a hemp extract in some countries.
2. Avoid hemp seed oil, cannabis Sativa seed oil, or products containing only hemp seeds. They are not interchangeable with CBD.
3. Double-check the ingredients to make sure the product you choose does not contain the compounds you are allergic to.
4. If you choose the full spectrum variant, check the THC level to make sure it meets your needs.
5. Make sure your CBD comes with a COA (documentation proving that the product is trustworthy because it has been tested by a trusted and accredited laboratory).
6. For full or broad-spectrum CBD oil, make sure it contains compounds such as cannabinol (CBN), cannabidiol acid (CBDA), cannabichromene (CBC), and cannabigerol (CBG).